Cheesy Cheddar Stuffed Bell Peppers
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 25-30 minutes
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup corn kernels
- ½ cup black beans, rinsed
- ½ cup diced tomatoes
- ½ cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- ½ cup Vegy Vida® Cheesy Cheddar
- ¼ cup green chiles or chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (based on flavor preference)
- 3 tablespoons freshly chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon chili powder, or more to taste
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 bell peppers, tops removed, stemmed and seeded
Preheat oven to 350°. Line a baking sheet or shallow baking dish (large enough to fit all of the peppers) with foil.
In a large bowl, combine the cooked quinoa, chiles, corn, black beans, tomatoes, cheese, Vegy Vida, cilantro, and all of the seasonings and spices until well combined.
Evenly fill each pepper cavity with the filling until full. Arrange peppers on baking sheet or in dish and bake until the peppers are tender and the filling is thoroughly heated, about 25-30 minutes.